Saturday 24 October 2009

Johnny's Italian Steakhouse


Welcome to Johnny's!  To start, you will have a delicious basket of bread, and a plate for olive oil & parmesean cheese, sprinkled w/ a little pepper, for a dip.  (Seen below is Leyton, demonstrating how to eat this delicacy.  Sorry it's blurry - it's also dark in there & most of my food pictures didn't turn out nearly as well as the pasta one!)




With your entree, you will be given a dinner salad, complete with Johnny's signature balsamic dressing.  I do not like iceberg, but there was some purple cabbage in there, tomatoes, croutons, and carrots, so I was able to sample the dressing.  Very tastey!  Not as bitter or sharp as the Olive Garden's signature dressing (which I also like), more on the sweet side, and very enjoyable! 



For my main dish, I tried the Portabello Tortellini with Shrimp.  The pasta is stuffed and topped with cheese, and I admit I added more cheese from the parm on the table.  Mmm!  Not only are there mushrooms & a mushroom cream sauce, but sweet red peppers and broccoli are added for a superb taste!  The shrimp were rather large and firm, seasoned to perfection & very complimentary to the sauce.  Give it a try, it's worth the price, I think! 




I really enjoy tri-colored pastas, and am always pleasantly surprised when restaurants use them.  More should take advantage of the nutritional value spinach & squash pastas offer! 

What have you been eating lately?  Anything worth sharing?  : ) 

Until next time, keep the rubber on the road! 

No comments: