Friday 22 April 2011

Tsunami Buffet

You know I love the Chinese buffet!  This one opened near me recently, and I'd heard mixed reviews.  Mom had a coupon that expired today, so we thought we'd check it out - and my brother Phil decided to join us, as well!  This was a real treat because he works 3rd shift & so it's not very often that he's up for normal lunch time!  : )  


Once again I have no pictures for you, but a story that will hopefully serve just as well.  : )  


Tsunami has a really neat set up.  They have a HUGE sushi station - there were at least 10 roll options, of which I sampled 6 and enjoyed 5.  There weren't labels on the rolls, which was slightly disappointing as I don't know exactly what I was eating in order to order it anywhere else!  *laugh*  There was a salmon roll that I recognized which was made perfectly, tho!  Yummy!  They also have a hibachi grill, fairly large fruit offerings, and the "normal" Chinese buffet fair - sesame seed donuts, crab ragoon, green beans, stuffed crabs, mushrooms, and a salad bar.  Including baby Oscars, of course!  I wasn't impressed w/ the cottage cheese, which as you may know is a staple of my diet!  lol  


Mom said they have good tea, so I tasted, and she was right!  And it was free w/ our meal!


All in all, I like the set up, I like the tea, I loved the sushi.  I'll be back!  : )  


Until next time, what's your make-or-break for a Chinese buffet?  

2 comments:

Cat said...

Oh, I adore Chinese buffets! Hubs and I are constantly on the lookout for good ones (what can I say...I dig the variety! :))

A great way to get an inexpensive sushi fix too! ;)

xx Cat brideblu

CarrieMarie said...

Absolutely! Thanks again for stopping by - I actually bought the Peeps lip balm you featured on your blog!! : )