Sunday 8 May 2011

Olive Garden Goodness - Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!  


Today Mom & Grammy decided they wanted to lunch at the Olive Garden.  I went there at 11:15 - they open at 11? - to get a table.  Mom & Grammy would be there at 11:30.  THEY WERE ALREADY PACKED with a 30 minute wait!  What the what?!  I got the beeper & stood in line outside.  It was a beautiful day!  : )  While in line, I heard that the restaurant opened at 6 AM.  D'oh!  I wonder if they served breakfast dishes that early, or if ppl actually came in that early for pasta?!  Hmmm.  


Anyway, finally the buzzer went off & we got our table.  




Grammy was happy to be there, really!  ; )  


Mom & Grammy kinda fought over the bill, which was way cute.  I would love to be able to buy them both a nice meal!  I've occasionally be able to buy ONE a nice meal at a time... heh.  


Anyway, I had the lovely Four Cheese Pastachettis w/ grilled chicken.  SO GOOD!  Cheese lasagna stuffed w/ four different kinds of cheese.  The chicken was smothered in a cream sauce, tomatoes & spinach.  Delightful!






I also had the Chicken Gnocchi soup, which was tasty, and breadsticks.   Yummy garlicky goodness!  


For dessert, we ordered one each of the Dolcini Little Dessert cups. The amaretto tiramisu and limoncello cake were my favorites.  






Until next time, what's your favorite thing to do for Mother's Day?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! This post could not be written any better!
Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate!
He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him.

Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!



Also visit my web page :: gratis spiele spielen