Monday 19 September 2011

Chicago in July/August - The Meals, Episode 1

I am really quite shocked that I didn't even have this post started!  
I'm fairly certain I must have dreamed writing this post, because I can see it in my head (including the pictures I used!) but can't find it in my archives.

So - if you've seen this before... erm... point out to me where I published it, because I am lost!

Thank you kindly!  

And so, here we go... Back in July, Mom, Leyton & I went to Chicago for an extended weekend of fun, and also to pick up Anthony from the airport.  We left on Thursday & stopped in a little town in Illinois for lunch.  Family restaurant type deal.  Normally this would be a source of excellent, homemade food, right?
*buzzer*
Well, their soup was good at least!  (Split pea.  Mom & I both enjoyed it.)


Unfortunately, that was the only good thing.  Leyton didn't even eat his cheeseburger!  Mom tried a Monte Cristo sandwich, which on the menu appeared to be what one would normally associate with that name... 



I decided to give their corned beef a try, as the picture in the menu looked quite appetizing.  

*buzzer again*  
Not so much!  
What is on that plate does NOT look appetizing at all.  
Well, except for the fries.  Those weren't awful.  

A very disappointing meal, and not a great start to our adventure!  Thank God that soup had at least been delicious, so we had eaten something filling!  

Our next meal was a bit more enjoyable... 

No comments: