Saturday 19 November 2011

Birthday (cake edition)

Today (well, November 19th - it's technically the 20th right now!) I turned 35.  To celebrate, we party!  : )  

Lunch was at a little Italian Bistro called Biaggi's.  Or, as Sarah called it - the fancy restaurant.  
Heh.  

I liked my dish a lot, it was one of the daily specials, a linquini w/ white sauce, chicken and - this is what cinched it as my choice today - olives.  


The chicken was cooked well, the noodles were the perfect tenderness, and the olives added just the right bite of salt to the dish.  (I mention the chicken being cooked well because at some restaurants, the chicken has NO flavor, and it's always sad!)

Nicki chose the Muffaletta sandwich - ironically also because of the olives!  She said it was very good, and I actually took home 1/2 & had it before I left mom's - it WAS very good!!  



Along with the restaurant's provisions, we had birthday cake, baked and decorated especially for me by my friend, Nicki.  I think she did an AMAZING job - what do you think?




Aunt Nancy certainly couldn't wait to dig in!!  ; )  



There was even a frosting surprise in the middle, and it was quite tasty!!  If you're in the area & need a cake for any occasion, let me know & I'll get you in touch w/ Nicki.  She has done not only turtles, but shoes, pizzas, popcorn, Elvis, Toy Story, and many, many more!  

Until next time - what's the most unusual shape you've had in a cake?  : ) 

P.S.
Stay tuned - Gene gave me a cd full of posts from their adventures in Key West this year.  
I'll be starting those posts as soon as I can!!  : )  
*EXCITED*  

No comments: