Saturday 26 November 2011

Las Margaritas - New Mexican restaurant in town

Hello, my foodie friends!  
Uncle Gene gave me a disc w/ the Key West posts - but my computer is being anti-social & not letting me download from the disc.  In fact, it won't even OPEN the disc... *pout*  
So, I'll be attempting to email the posts to myself from a different computer.  We'll see if that works!
: ) 

Meanwhile, I thought I'd do a little review of the latest Mexican restaurant to open in town, Las Margaritas.  The owner used to have another restaurant, El Rodeo, which I LOVED.  I was sad to see it go, altho it was sold to another of my favorites, Azteca.  So I was happy to hear they were opening a new restaurant, and close to my house, too!  





Mom, Leyton & I ventured over there Wednesday night.  The service was very friendly, with our waitress even letting Leyton take her picture!  : ) 

The chips were brought to us warm and were just the right texture and thick/thin-ness.  Salsa was perfect!  I'm not one for a spicy salsa, I like it to be more sweet w/ a hint of cilantro.  We also ordered white cheese dip, which came out almost immediately after we ordered it, and it, too, was the perfect temperature and flavor.  




Leyton ordered a taco, beans & rice - altho he decided he didn't like his beans.  Mom had a vegetarian quesadilla, which she said was delicious.  It had mushrooms, green peppers, all sortsa goodies in there!



I had a combo, which included enchiladas, a quesadilla and a taco.  I don't always like the red sauce traditionally served w/ enchiladas, so I requested to sub cheese.  To be quite professional about it - Nom Nom Nom!  ; )  I added some more cheese & salsa & enjoyed it very much!



All in all, I would call this a successful dinner.  And with it being so close, I'm thinking carryout for lunch might be a good idea!  

Until next time - when eating at a Mexican restaurant, do you prefer salsa, cheese dip, or both?

No comments: