Saturday 3 December 2011

Key West - MANGIA MANGIA

I think maybe sometimes waitresses spit in my food.

Mangia Mangia is a cafe recommended to us by Ray the desk clerk at our motel/hotel.



I noticed as soon as we walked in the overpowering odor of garlic in the air. It was even worse than Olive Garden where they put the strong smelling root in everything they serve. (Try their garlic ice cream sometime!) I asked the waitress if they put garlic in their Alfredo sauce. She gave me that “poor senile old fellow” look and said, “We are an Italian restaurant.” I gave her my “Italian food isn't suppose to be all nothing but garlic” lecture. Alfredo was intended to be an escape from strong herbs. (After all I am an expert. I've been to Italy you know) The young lady didn't smile as she took our orders and walked away.

Well the food was really good, spit and all. Nancy had rigatoni with shrimp and marinara sauce.



I daringly had lobster linguini in pink sauce (four different kinds of cheese. I'll eat most anything if you put enough cheese on it). I couldn't even taste much garlic, cheese covers up all evil tastes.



I really can't eat the stuff because it battles in my stomach like other spicy things. The bill was a whopping $60 with tip. I guess extra cheese and spit adds to the cost. I felt kinda guilty. I may have tipped a bit too much. Will I ever learn?

Bon Ton Roulett  Y'All  
Gene and Nancy

“Half baked cookies in the oven
Half baked people on the bus
There's a little bit of fruitcake left in everyone of us” – JB

No comments: