Monday 19 April 2010

Road Trip Food

Mom & I travelled a few hours across the state to retrieve my car, which had been amazingly restored by the auto body peeps.  She looks as good as new!!  Good job to Hetrick Auto! 

Before picking up Chloe, Mom & I stopped for lunch at this lovely gem in Atlantic, Iowa:


They serve amaaaaaazing chips!  Light, not too salty, and complimented by a delicious salsa that was cool at first, but heated up your mouth the more you ate. 



Main course was a combo plate of a cheese quesadilla, beef enchillada, and beef taco.  They gained points (not that they needed them!) for using a yummy mild white cheese. 



I liked their decor, as well.  This artwork on the wall was my favorite! 


Sorry for the angle, it was right by where I sat!  *laugh* 

I met Joy & her family for dinner at Runza, which is always tastee in that fast food way.  : ) 



MMMM!  Gooey mushroom & swiss Runza goodness.  It's like the best "Hot Pocket" ever.  *grin*  And, crinkley fries w/ ketchup!!  : ) 



I had a very good time, tho as this picture details, I was a bit wore out from my day on the road.  Joy & Bobby both look cute in profile, tho!  And, this picture was taken by William.  I think he did a pretty good job! 

Until next time, Happy Eats!  : ) 

No comments: