Saturday 24 April 2010

Cracker Barrel

I've been wanting to go to Cracker Barrel for awhile.  I'd been there once, w/ Daddy.  I don't think it was the one here, tho, and I don't even remember much about it, other than it was loud & hard to talk in that one!  I have a group of cousins that calls CB their favorite restaurant.  When they were little, they would go there all the time, during all their travels!  : )  

So, Mom, Leyton & I decided to go there for our Thursday dinner this week.  I ordered hamburger steak, mac & cheese, and turnip greens.  I'd never had turnip greens before.  Can't say I'll ever have them again.  Heh.  No, really, they were okay.  I actually think it was whatever meat they were cooked with that I didn't care for, rather than the greens themselves.  I ordered the hamburger medium, but it came out rather more medium well, and kinda dry, so that was disappointing.  But the mac & cheese was very creamy & good, and Leyton's fries were tastey!  And the biscuits were delicious!  If we eat there again, I think I want to try their chicken & dumplings, tho.  : )




And really, how cute is he?  I'll go anywhere he wants!  : ) 

Until next time - happy eats! 

No comments: