Friday 30 April 2010

TPC at Deere Run

Today was our team luncheon outing at work.  We went to the clubhouse of a local golf course.  It was sooooo beautiful there!  I'd forgotten to replace the SD card in my camera, so I only had a few photos, but one day I'd like to go back & take a bunch of photos of the course & grounds.  Just gorgeous!  : ) 




After this walk just to get in, I was thinking the food has got to be amaaazing.  : )

I'd faxed the orders over yesterday, since we have a rather large group, so our drinks & food were ready when we got there.  We were in a private dining area off the main dining room, and it was really nice in there!  The chairs were very comfortable.  Of course, ppl were sitting in them, so I didn't get pictures, because - and this is something I do not understand - ppl get antsy around cameras!  Anywhoo, it was a very nice room.  : ) 

I ordered the honey mustard chicken wrap w/ a side of fruit.  Wheat wrapped chicken w/ coleslaw & honey mustard sauce.  Yummy!  I was a little disappointed in the fruit cup - one strawberry, one sliver of pineapple, one tiny wedge of an orange, and a couple slices of honeydew & cantelope.  I just felt like there should have been ... maybe a bigger piece of pineapple & orange.  It was all delicious, tho! 



Also, I would have liked a pickle that I could have actually eaten rather than the jalepeno pepper (under the lettuce there on the left).  Ah well, can't have everything, right?  : ) 

Everyone had a good time, and I think we might be able to go back.  And if/when we do, I think I'll get the fruit salad with chicken.  Lori got that & it looked gooood. 

Until next time - Have you eaten at a golf course before?  What did you like about it??  : )

No comments: