Sunday 8 August 2010

Pampered Chef Greek Rub

Per the PC Website: A traditional Grecian blend of oregano, lemon, garlic and a hint of mint add Mediterranean flavors to meats, dips and salads. Makes an excellent Greek salad dressing, too!


I have been using this on EVERYTHING lately, and it is so delicious!  It's savory w/o being salty, and it just adds a whole level of diversity to ordinary dishes.  I need to make a dip soon, but so far what I have included it on... 

Tortillas - fry a buttered flour tortilla on both sides, add mild or sharp cheddar cheese (and bacon if you have it) and a couple sprinkles of this rub.  Fold, let the cheese get all melty - but don't burn the tortilla unless you're into that sorta thing!  Ideally, the tortilla should be only slightly crispy on the edges.  

Tortillas 2 - spread a flour tortilla w/ cream cheese, sprinkle a generous amount of rub, add ham & perhaps a kosher dill pickle, wrap & enjoy!  

Eggs - forgo the salt & pepper & just sprinkle a little of this rub over them.  

Pizza.

Pasta sauce - I have used this in both my alfredo and tomato sauces, and it's just divine!  

I'm sure I'll be finding many more things to add Pampered Chef's Greek Rub to very soon!  

Until next time, if you have it in your pantry, let me know what uses you have for it.  : )  



No comments: