Thursday 29 July 2010

Outback Steakhouse

Scrumptious.  Have I used that word before?  My only complaint with this restaurant is that their lighting is atrocious.  Seriously, if I want to dine in the dark, I'll go to one of those wacky restaurants that blindfolds its patrons.  Oye!


They have really great bread that they bring out to you after you order.  It's dark, but sweet, and served w/ softened butter.  Oh so delicious!  Of course, because it's dark and the restaurant was so dark, not so much of a good picture to be had.  Harrumph!  *laugh*


Mom ordered steak w/ veggies, Leyton had a cheeseburger & fries (I really wish Mom would start ordering some different things for him to try.  I know he WILL try new things, he does it all the time!), and I ordered salmon w/ garlic mashed potatoes.  Mmmm!  I took a cue from the hibachi grill & put a little butter on the salmon.  Ohhhhhmmmmmm!!!!  : )


Ironically, I thought the steak at Applebee's was more flavorful than Mom's here tonight, but the salmon was loaded with goodness, so there's that.  : )

And Leyton mostly had a fun time.  He is SO POLITE, and I have to commend all the adults in his life for continuing to encourage that.  I love hearing him say please and thank you when he orders his food and asks for things.  LOVE it!


Until next time - what're your thoughts on Outback's lighting?  Are ALL Outbacks like that?  Please share!  : )

2 comments:

Jess said...

Mine is dark too!

CarrieMarie said...

Thank you! Must be their style of "ambiance!" heh.