Sunday 19 September 2010

Grandma's Kitchen

This weekend Mom, Leyton & I traveled across Iowa to visit the railways where Thomas the Train would be visiting.  We began our journey Saturday morning, but before we could really be on our way, BREAKFAST was in store.



Grandma's Kitchen is a Heart of America restaurant (Thunder Bay Grille & Iowa Machine Shed are two other HoA properties I have enjoyed on occasion).  Their water comes in metal jugs.  Their drinks come in mason jars.  Their salt & pepper shakers are mason-y, too.  SO CUTE!  Seriously, adorable.  : )


Leyton was happy with his pancakes, eggs, and sausage.


And I have to say, they served me the most beautiful waffle I've ever seen.  On top of that, it was DELICIOUS!  IDK what their recipe is, but they definitely have it down pat.  A pat of butter & a little cup of syrup (not all of it, I don't like to drown them, usually, altho the photo makes it look a little drenched!) & mmmm!


I could certainly see eating here again.  : )

Also, they have a little gift shop w/ lots of different things.  I am thinking I'll have to add it to my Christmas shopping list!

Until next time ... what's your favorite "Americana" restaurant, and what do you like about it?

No comments: