Tuesday 21 September 2010

Meal #1

This is the first meal I prepared after my first diabetes class, and using the meal plan given to me by a nutritionalist and dietician.


Turkey & cheese on wheat w/ Smart Choice margarine, veggies, light ranch dip.  

I'm not going to lie, I LIKE all of these things, and normally this would probably be a happy meal for me.  Today, I wasn't really impressed with it.  Not sure if it was the idea that I HAD to eat certain amounts of things, or what the deal was.  I don't think the pickles were cold enough.  I like love pickles, but they have to be very refridgerated!  

But this meal was filling, at least!  And I don't imagine this transition is going to be easy, but since I want to live a long and happy life, watching my nieces and nephews grow up... I'm determined to be a good eater!  

Until next time... Any suggestions for delicious low-carb meals would be much appreciated!!  : ) 

2 comments:

Jess said...

I have Crohn's disease and I'm supposed to follow a very strict diet. By my recipes you can probably guess that I don't listen!

CarrieMarie said...

Oh, Jess, I have several friends w/ Crohn's, so I know that's not an easy thing to live with! But oh your recipes are always so delicious! I bet you could come up w/ equally delicious strict diet recipes for your pal Carrie! ; )