Wednesday 22 September 2010

Qdoba - It's like the Subway of Mexican food!

Seriously, why had I never been here before??  I've known about it for years, but just never gone in.

Tonight I met my friend Becca for dinner there, and was amazed at how delicious everything was!  I had shredded beef tacos w/ cheese & guac and a shredded pork & cheese quesadilla.  They were choices off a pick 2 for $5.99 menu.  OH. SO. GOOD!  And they make it right in front of you (thus the Subway reference).  This is fast Mexican food, but not like Taco Bell or even Taco John's.  Not American or Tex-Mex.

Well, I mean of course it's Americanized, to an extent. It's just ... dare I say "fresher" than Taco Bell?  And with the Subway or a la carte line, it feels so much more authentic.  You can choose your meat & sauce & beans (real black beans, etc.) and they have fresh guacamole, too!  Not packaged, but made that day, actual mashed up avacados!  : )

The atmosphere of the restaurant is very comfortable, too.  The set up reminded me of Noodles & Co., in that you order at the counter (but, again, watch them make your food right there), get your own soda at the fountain (and they have fresh cut lime & lemon wedges!!) and pick a booth or table.

Becks & I had a lot of fun catching up, and stayed chatting for over 2 hours!  And we didn't feel guilty, because we weren't taking tips away from our waitstaff and whatnot.  : )

I liked it so much I'm going to see if Mom & Leyton want to go there tomorrow for dinner!  If we do, I'll be sure to take pictures!  I didn't have my camera tonight.  Bummer!

So, I highly recommend you check out Qdoba if you're fortunate enough to have one near you!

Until next time... Next time,when there will be a Giveaway!  That's right, I said Giveaway!  That = FREE STUFF for one lucky reader!  I'll have more details tomorrow, but in the meantime, have you been to Qdoba?  If so, what do you like to get there?

No comments: