Thursday 25 November 2010

THANKSgiving


This year, Mom, Phil & I chose to have Thanksgiving dinner at Golden Corral.  This way, none of us had to cook or deal w/ the clean up that is associated w/ making all that delicious food!  : )  We did have to wait in line for 20 minutes or 1/2 an hour - well, Phil waited in line for us.  Mom & I hung out off to the side, away from the crowd!  Also, that made it easier for other ppl to get in line.

The plate above is mine.  Turkey & stuffing & green bean casserole were had, in the Traditional Fare category.  Then I had some cottage cheese, cantaloupe, bourbon street chicken, and oh yes, carrots.  Everything was SCRUMPTIOUS!  For dessert I had some bread pudding (not pictured) and a small brownie.  Yummy!



The next plate is Phil's.  As you can see, he started out slow, w/ some green bean casserole, stuffing, and he also chose to start with ham instead of turkey.  Everyone always thinks of Thanksgiving as a turkey holiday, but plenty of ppl still prefer ham.  (Phil had some turkey on his 2nd trip through the buffet line, don't worry!)


And finally, we have the complete traditionalist.  Mom had freshly carved turkey, mashed taters & gravy, stuffing, a roll... she shared 1/2 her roll since I hadn't gotten one.  mmmmm!

Everything was marvelous, as Golden Corral usually is.  I liked the set up & everything, as well as the food.

Until next time... How was YOUR Thanksgiving?  Did you have turkey or ham?  Any sweet potatoes?  I didn't see any on the line, but I'm sure I just missed them.  Even w/ all the great food I DID get to try, I'm saddened by the lack of yams/sp's!

Ah, well!  TTFN!

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

I don't make the traditional sweet potato dish, but our mashed potatoes are a mix of white and sweet potatoes (and sometimes carrots). We LOVE our orange mashed potatoes.

CarrieMarie said...

oooh, a mix of white & orange pots would be good! and filled w/ vitamins, especially adding carrots! : )