Monday 24 January 2011

More Ovaltine Please!

I'd never had Ovaltine before, even tho I've seen their commercials for years.  "More Ovaltine, please!" rings out like a chant in my head.  Still, the marketing didn't work on me!  For chocolate milk, it was always Hershey's syrup or Swiss Valley jugs.

Then, the other night Bret & I went grocery shopping at WM, and he said, "Oooh, let's get some Ovaltine!  It tastes great on vanilla ice cream."  Truthfully, I was thinking, "Why not get Hershey's syrup?"  *laugh*

Tonight, I scooped a bit of vanilla ice cream into a dish & happened to see the Ovaltine container out of the corner of my eye, sitting on top of the fridge.  I thought, "Hmmm," and sprinkled a little onto the scoop of ice cream, added a splash of milk & stirred it around... Voila!

Chocolate malt.  : )

Until next time - what's your favorite way to eat ice cream?  Sundae?  Shake?  Do you like a good Malt flavoring?  Do share!

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Lately, I have been making myself mocha banana smoothies. I use vanilla frozen yogurt, a banana, a little of the mocha hot cocoa I got for Christmas, and milk. Sooo nummy.

CarrieMarie said...

oh, i LOVE banana & chocolate together. that does sound delish!