Sunday 9 January 2011

New Year's Eve


For NYE this year, I met my friend Becca at our favorite sushi and hibachi grill, Osaka!  I ordered the Peanut Roll, which they make differently than the other Osaka across the river.  Isn't it pretty?  I actually prefer the other one, but this was still very good, and between the two of us, we dispatched it nicely!  : )  



We sat in the bar, but ordered hibachi as well.  Sure, we didn't get to  watch them make it, but it tasted just as delicious!  It was funny, tho - I ordered off the side order menu, as I usually do because it's cheaper.  : ) Yep, I'm all for eating out, but since I want to do it often, finding ways to do it for less is the plan!  Coupons, lunch deals, etc.  

So, I ordered the hibachi side order of steak, and Becca ordered the filet hibachi dinner.  The waiter ended up giving us the wrong meat portions, which was okay cuz we just switched!  But, what I noticed was that my portion of steak was so much more!  I think they gave me more than the side order... Anyway, I had leftovers twice, so I'm very thankful for that!  

that's actually becca's portion of filet mignon.  when we switched, mine filled the plate!  

It was only a week ago, and I am already ready to go back!  Wonder what Mom's doing for dinner tonight?  ; )  Until next time, what fun did you get up to on NYE?  Did it involve delicious food stuffs??  

4 comments:

Jess said...

We stayed in and grilled steaks on our indoor grill. I have not had sushi since summer and I am craving it soooooo bad!!!!!!!

CarrieMarie said...

Mmm, I am so wanting steak again for sure! Time for us both to get some steak & sushi I think! lol : )

StephanieC said...

Worst Cover Band Ever in Jamaica.
A guy was sleeping through it.

They only had 1 hour of songs, so they would just loop it all.

But the food buffet was GINORMOUS! Being a vegetarian who can't eat wheat really limited me, though.

Yer stuff looks yummeh!

CarrieMarie said...

Aw, Steph, you'll always have carrots, right? Eeep on the band...