Wednesday 2 March 2011

GSC

C is for cookie!  Can you guess what time of year it is, what GS could stand for?







That's right!  Do you go crazy for these little nuggets of delicious flavor?  I do, but this year I tried to rein it in! I spread my buying out over 3 different Girl Scouts, and bought a box (or two?) for the Troops.  I LOVE that option - being able to buy a box that will go overseas to our men & women who have one of the toughest jobs in the world!  


This year, I bought only two boxes of my favorite cookie - pictured above.  : )  One is at work and one is here.  I savor them.  One cookie at a time.  Mmmm!  Not necessarily one cookie a day, mind you!  LOL  I also got some Thin Mints, Peanut Butter, and the new cookie, Shout Outs.  Those are kinda like gingersnaps, and are good but not my favorite.  *laugh*  


This year, I researched... : )  There's a site with recipes for leftover GSC's, and an article about eating GSC's responsibly.  


Until next time...what's your favorite GSC?  Do you buy them every year, or do you avoid them like the plague?  Do share - and do remember to enter my GIVEAWAY!  : )  

2 comments:

Amy said...

I missed this completely this year and it makes me sad. Usually I get hit up at work for an order, but i think the GS connection has dried up. Oh well -- didn't NEED them, just WANTED them. Maybe I'll see some GS outside the grocery store.

CarrieMarie said...

GSC's are just one of life's little pleasures. they are a once a year treat. and i just bought some outside of Sam's, so check out your local stores for sure!! : )