Sunday 3 May 2009

Catching Up

Friday, Shannan, Lola, Marisa, Jamie & I went to Exotic Thai. Maurice had told me about the thai spaghetti a couple days earlier, and I decided to give it a try. Basically a thin spaghetti noodle with minced chicken (or tofu, if you'd like) and various veggies & spices. The basil leaves were crispy & mixed in well with the dish. The veggies I tasted/observed were mushrooms, zucchini, tomato, carrot, and onion. There may have been more! *laugh* The menu lists this is mildly spicy, but I must say it was more on the sweet spectrum for me. I didn't really feel any heat. It was a pretty good dish, overall, but did nothing to replace pumpkin curry in my list of favorites! : )


Saturday night, a group of us joined Kaylie to celebrate her upcoming wedding. Our first stop was the new Jersey Grille for dinner. Shannon & Lee split some chili fries, which Shannan & I were allowed to share. The fries were my favorite kind - I don't know if you can tell from this picture - the crinkly, thick kind! : ) They were covered in a mild chili, tomatoes, onions & cheese. I'm not a fan of big onion chunks, so i mostly picked off the fries w/ just cheese. Pretty good!


Shannan ordered a buffalo chicken wrap, and pasta salad. I didn't taste the wrap, but she said it was "just okay." The pasta salad, however, I was fortunate enough to share, and it was delicious. We both agreed it was some of the tastiest we'd had. Not sure what the dressing was, but very spicy & good.



I decided to try (and trade some w/ Shannan for one of her pasta salads) Portabello Mushroom fries. Strips of mushroom caps battered & deep fried. There was some cheese & something else in there, too. The dipping sauce was a garlic ranch, I believe. Complimented the fries very well!




I also thought I'd try their white chicken chili, since I make one of my own. They appeared to use a broth rather than the cream of chicken base I use. Still, the taste was similar & I really enjoyed it. Spices included cumin & basil, and the big pieces of chicken and sour cream drizzled on top added to the luxurious feel of the soup.

After the enjoyable dinner, we headed to a nifty piano bar. There were two pianists, both very talented, and I had a lot of fun there! Of course, I sadly didn't take any pictures other than of the group. There were many disco balls that I wish I had recorded now!! *laugh* I'll have to see if anyone else in the group took one of those! : )
Until next time - keep an eye out for new places I should try, and let me know about them! : )



No comments: