Wednesday 5 May 2010

SensAsian-al

Tonight I met my friend Becca & her son for dinner at a fairly tiny restaurant, called SensAsian.  It's a ThaiChinese fusion menu.  The atmosphere is very nice, with booths and tables, separated by a wall.  We sat in a booth by the door, and the benches were quite comfortable. 

This is a Pepsi establishment, which you know makes me happy! Any time I can get fountain Pepsi or Mt Dew, I am very thankful! : )


For starters, they bring out a basket of sech-something crisps.  They're kinda like Munchos potato crisps, but not as salty.  Also, some of them had a green tinge - not an "eeew" green tinge!  Actually, Nate preferred the green ones! 




Becca ordered pineapple fried rice with chicken and spring rolls.  The presentation of the fried rice was amaaaaazing, really!  Very good spring rolls, I like when the wrapping is light and flaky. 



Dude, how cool is that "bowl?"!!!

I ordered Musaman curry with beef, which is a favorite dish of mine at Exotic Thai, and crab ragoon, which is a favorite of mine just about anywhere.  : ) 




My bowl was neat, but after Becca's pineapple, it didn't really do much for me, ya know?  *laugh*  The crab ragoon were scrumptious!  The curry was less creamy than I'd expected, and a little more spicy.  I have to say I prefer ET's, but this was good in its own way.  I'll certainly eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!  : ) 

So, all in all, I can recommend SensAsian to savy diners everywhere.  Enjoy! 

No comments: