Thursday 30 December 2010

Granite City

My dear cousin, Jenni, lives in Alaska.  I had the wonderful blessing of traveling to see her walk for her Master's in Juneau several years ago, and really can't wait to go back!  : )  Meanwhile, I look forward to her visits home, such as this month for Christmas.  


Today I met her, her mom (Aunt Judy), Aunt Nancy & Uncle Gene (y'all know them from the Key West guest-posts!) for lunch at Granite City.  I adore GC, but don't get to eat there very often.  Their Cheddar Ale soup is, in a word, amazing!  






Today I tried something new, called The Overhill.  It's a simple, delicious sandwich made with turkey, bacon & tomato, and some sort of flavored mayonnaise.  Are you a fan of delicious flavor?  LOL  (And if you know where that quote is from, please tell me, because I can hear it in my head, but can't remember who's saying it!)  Loved also the pickle, but the cole slaw was not my favorite.  






Uncle Gene chose the 3 Cheese Ravioli, which I have had before and enjoyed.  






Aunt Nancy's Bedda Chedda burger, well-done, was quite beautifully put together, as well.






Aunt Judy had a lovely salad of some sort, whose name escapes me.







And finally, we have Jenni's scrumptious Chicken Caesar Chalupa.  I'm thinking of ordering one all for me during our next visit!  






Aside from the food, it's just nice to hang out with family & share stories & laughter!  : )  Until next time - who's your favorite family member to hang out with during a meal?  Or are you also blessed with many relatives you can hang out with?  I hope you are!!  : )  

No comments: