Saturday 14 May 2011

Granite City - Idaho Nachos

Today I met Aunt Nancy & Uncle Gene, Aunt Judy, and cousin Jenni for lunch at Granite City.  I had cheddar ale soup (always, it's my favorite!) and Lemon Basil Chicken Linguini.  






Not a fan.  Hopefully I'll like it better as leftovers.  It was too ... there was something in it that I didn't like.  Can't pinpoint what it IS, tho!  I mean - I like lemon, I like pepper, I like basil... ??  So... yeah.  Thankfully, everyone else had good food!  And I had the soup ... : )  


Aunt Nancy had stuffed tortellini w/ a creamy marinara sauce that I'll want to try next time.  (Uncle Gene had an Alfredo dish that I didn't get a picture of for some reason!)


sorry that turned out way more blurry than it looked on the camera!


Jenni's usual Caesar Chalupa salad was sadly no longer on the menu, so she got a chicken wrap that she said was very good - kinda like chicken salad inside instead of large chunks, and this way made it easier to eat.


love the presentation on this one!


Aunt Judy had the delicious and beautiful - Idaho Nachos!  Waffle fries done up w/ cheese, bacon, tomatoes, sour cream & a yummy garlic cream dipping sauce on the side.  I only had a couple bites (staying w/in my meal plan, you know!) but I could certainly see getting this again as an app for the table.


big laughs cuz the whole meal just about slid off the plate...!  


Our next trip to GC will hopefully be for Sunday Brunch!  :)  


Until next time (which might be soon... LOL)  -  what staple do you insist be on your brunch buffet to call it "good?"  

No comments: