Saturday 14 May 2011

Chili's Wrap


I meant to write this post earlier -  Monday Becca & I met for dinner, after I had attempted (and failed) to find the visitation site for my uncle Gary...  I had a very well-put-together Southwest Wrap with an interesting ranch dipping sauce.  I enjoyed it quite a lot - 1/2 for dinner & 1/2 for lunch on Tuesday!  : )



I need to work on my food photography, I know.  *sigh*  These loaded mashed were very well done!  Mom, the boys & I went to this same Chili's the following Thursday, and I had some loaded mashed, and they were okay but not nearly as impressive!

One of the best things I can tell you to do at restaurants, tho, is to ALWAYS drink water.  I choose water w/ lemon 95% of the time when eating out.  Not only does it save $2 (or more, if you're drinking from the bar) but it helps control portions.  Water is a great filler, and the lemon makes it refreshing rather than heavy (a problem I have w/ water consumption for some reason).

Now, to be fair - most of the time I have a Diet soda or tea or coffee either waiting for me in the car (in the winter) or I run to the gas station for one after dinner.  : )  It's just that it then costs like $.85 rather than $2!  And if I haven't had a lot of DP that day, and it's a good Pepsi place, I will order a DP.  Some places have awesome fountain soda that just must be consumed.  Also, this is a "rule" I do not follow at fast food - a good Coke Zero or Diet Pepper from CFA is sparky goodness!

Until next time - what's your go-to drink when eating out?  Do share!

No comments: