Tuesday 19 July 2011

Sweet Potato & Basil Chicken

This is the hottest week of the year.  It's so hot, my glasses fog up when I walk out from the AC.  My PHONE fogged up when I walked out of work tonight!  


And yet, I was craving a hot meal.  The cheeseburger craving is at bay for the moment, and was replaced by a need to make myself some dinner.  And of course I was HUNGRY when I got home, so I didn't even give myself time to cool off.  I just turned on the burner & let go!  


Truthfully, I'm glad I did!  : )  I didn't have a plan, other than to cook a chicken breast tenderloin.  I thought maybe I'd salt & pepper it, add some cheddah (cuz cheddah makes everything bettah!).  I also had a sweet potato to microwave.  


As I was cutting up the chicken in the skillet, I decided I needed some sort of sauce.  I scoured the fridge & pantry, and decided to do a splash of milk, a dollop of sour cream, a dollop of cream cheese, and some spices - basil & pepper & garlic.  Mmmm!  I added in a little parm at the end, and voila!






It was really delicious, and I will be making it again!  : )  


On the sweet potato, I just put some cinnamon & a little butter, but then it didn't taste quite right, so I pulled it together w/ the chicken by adding a little bit of cream cheese & salt.  DELISH!!  


i need to work on my presentation - that doesn't LOOK appetizing... LOL 




Until next time - how do you normally prepare your chicken breasts?  

No comments: