Friday 15 July 2011

A Taste of Elegance - #9 & #10

And now for my final post this week about the Taste.  


I did not have high hopes for #9, Biagi's Chef Patrick Trainor.  Don't get me wrong, I love Biagi's!  However, he was the only chef that did not engage us as we were at his table.  He was too busy talking to his assistant to do more than look at where he needed to hand the plates.  Not impressed.  







Now, I'm sure it wasn't deliberate or anything, and he's probably a perfectly nice guy.  He's definitely an excellent chef!  The Sambucco sauce was delicious, and the pork had EXCELLENT flavor!  It was citrusy and as Becca said, had a very memorable flavor.  Also, good portion!  This dish tied for 2nd (with #6) for me.  


The last dish, #10, was Chef Martha Cleveland's entry.  She was the only female chef, good for her!  She was very sweet, and I'm sure is a talented chef. 







Unfortunately, I was not a fan of the black bean cake or spicy sausage.  However, the cauliflower had an excellent flavor, and I did enjoy that.  Which counts for a lot because I really don't like cauliflower!!  : )  Everyone at the table agreed that the pork sausage had an unusual and slightly unpleasant aftertaste, and the black bean cake did not have the flavor it should.  


All in all, this was an awesome night full of amazing food, and many talented chefs!  Becca & I had a wonderful time, and we both declared that we definitely want to have this experience again next year!  Thank you for taking the time to join me on this journey, and hey - if you want to join us in person next year, let me know!  :  )  


Until next time -  have an awesome weekend!  No homework for you this weekend.  Except, maybe... Go see Harry Potter?  ; )  

1 comment:

shamrock31707 said...

The Biaggi's one was flavored with Sambuca. It's an anise flavored liquor.