Saturday 15 August 2009

Riefe's

This is one of my new favorites. Of course, it's not a new restaurant, just a new discovery for me! Riefe's has been a QC staple for many years, as you can see by the banner above.

They start you out with a bread basket, including rolls & a delicious crumb cake. There isn't a picture included presently because for some reason Blogger won't let me upload it. So, I'm going to be happy with the pictures I HAVE uploaded & leave it at that for now! : ) Leyton really enjoys the crumb cake, too!

Next, we have their excellent soups. This week's was cream of spinach, which I admit I was unsure about. I love raw spinach for salads, but am not really a fan of cooked spinach. However, soup or salad came w/ my meal, and I definitely didn't want the salad, so soup it was! It turned out to be a pleasant surprise, as it was very tastey. Creamy and the spinach wasn't bitter.

Leyton ordered a cheeseburger kids meal, which comes with Jello. Sometimes he likes the whipped cream, and other times not so much, so Mom smartly ordered it on the side. He only ate a little of it - there was so much food, that wasn't a problem! - so I got to finish it, and it was cherry and yummy! I don't know what they do to it, but they make very good Jello!

I ordered a Crazy burger & fries. I'm not sure what makes it "crazy." *laugh* It's a cheeseburger with bacon & tomato (and lettuce, but not for me!). Riefe's fries are the BEST! I don't know what they season them with when they fry 'em, but it's superb. They are just the right amount of crispy, too. Add a little salt & pepper, some ketchup for dipping & voila! Deliciousness.



This restaurant is also very reasonably prices. Bread, soup, burger, fries & soda for less than $10! AAAANNNNND ... it's a Pepsi place! : )
Happy eating, blog buddies! Until next time, keep trying new things. : )

No comments: