Thursday 20 May 2010

Chili's - Appetizer & Soup





Loaded baked potato soup is one of my favorites no matter who makes it.  This one is definitely at the top of my LBP list, tho!  I did add some crackers & black pepper, but it was a cup of creamy, cheesey goodness for sure! 

Spinach Artichoke dip w/ light crispy chips.  Super!!  Mom & I continued to dig in after this picture, so don't worry - we didn't leave that much dip in the bowl!  ; ) 

Sometimes this dip can get kind of bitter, I'm not sure why.  Tonight it was perfectly balanced, tho, and there was plenty of creamy cheese to sit on the chips. 


Mom ordered steak & loaded mashed.  I got to taste a couple bites of the steak, which - even tho I had a gyro for lunch & didn't really want any more meat today - made me wish I'd ordered a steak!  The first bite I had seemed really salty, and I wasn't going to eat another bite, but Mom offered, and bites 2-5 (*grin*) were perfectly seasoned and the right balance of bite and tenderness.  Smoky.  Mmmm! 


Leyton enjoyed a hamburger with ketchup and fries.  And a good number of my chips.  : )  He did a pretty good job of ketchuping his burger, too. 

I know it's a chain restaurant, but I do enjoy Chili's.  The food is quite tastey, and the atmosphere is one of relaxation and charm.  Plus, it brings back memories of Senior Trip & the first time I ate at Chili's, in Alabama.  Or was it Florida?  We were staying in Dauphin Island, AL, and spent time in Florida as well, so I'm not sure where the restaurant was!  But I remember thinking how neat the coasters, tables, and then food were!  I still feel that way when I eat there.  Altho, there weren't any coasters tonight.  What's up with that?!

Until next time... Where's your favorite place to get chips? 

No comments: