Friday 28 May 2010

Lemonade, Limeade and Tea

This is a sparkling lemonade from Sonic - having been pilfered from me by my nephew.  *laugh*  Prior to Sonic coming up with this "sparkling" (read: Sprite) concept for lemons, they already had this on their menu with limes.  Perhaps you've heard me ramble about the deliciousness of a cherry limeade?  : )  In comparison, if made correctly, I prefer the lemonade!  I'm not quite sure how one makes either 'ade incorrectly, but somehow the peeps at Sonic make it happen. When it's good, it's very, very good.  And 95% of the time, even if it's "bad" it's good.  Ya know?  

Anyway, that brings us to my shopping extravaganza at WM today.  

 
We'll begin in the middle, because that's what I tried first.  That would be a Mango Limeade from Odwalla, and it's called Haiti Hope because all the proceeds are going to help the relief efforts in Haiti.  I'd seen an ad in People for this drink, and it sounded yummy.  Also, tho I think American money would be better spent helping people here in America, I'm all for donating what I can when I can to help others in times of need, wherever they might reside. 

That being said... I will not be purchasing more of this drink.  I unfortunately couldn't even finish that one.  It could have been the mango (which, I like fresh, but not sure it translates well to juice) or the plastic bottle.  The bottle is that type of plastic those barrel juices (you know the ones I mean) come in, and it had that same taste.  However, I would take a barrel juice over this! 

To the right of the limeade, we have Arizona Southern Style Sweet Tea.  I haven't opened it yet, but I love SSST!  I imagine I might have to add lemon, but it could be perfectly fine as is.  I'll find out tomorrow and leave a comment to let ya know!  : ) 

Then, to the left of the limeade, we have a diet Snapple.  You can't really tell from the picture, but it's Bret Michaels's Trop*A*Rocka tea.  I watched him come up with his recipe & go thru labelling and commercials for this tea, on Celebrity Apprentice.  A portion of sales go to the diabetes foundation, which was his charity on the show.  I like the label a lot!  The problem ... I don't really like the tea.  *sigh*  I think it's a good tea, and unlike some Snapples, it didn't leave a film in my mouth (maybe that's the "diet" portion?).  The difference between this & the limeade, which I did not enjoy at all, is that I kinda like the tea.  Not enough to keep the 5 other bottles I bought (6 pack for $5 at WM), tho!  I think I'll take them in to work & see if anyone wants to try them before they buy them.  *laugh*  I should have checked to see if they had a taste test for it somewhere in the store!  heh.  

Anywhoo!  Today's recommendation - go with a Sonic Sparkling Lemonade or Cherry Limeade.  But I'm happy those two charities got $2 from me!!

Until next time... what's YOUR favorite beverage?

No comments: