Monday 17 May 2010

Pampered Chef Par-tay

Tonight I went to my friend, Rebecca's Pampered Chef party.  She had it at a Hy Vee - who knew they had halls upstairs w/ a kitchen & whatnot for parties??  I didn't!  It was a pretty sweet deal, tho, and she had a good turn out to the party. 



She picked me up at 5:30 (ish) & we had to pick up some stuff in the store before heading up to the party.  Her consultant was doing a joint show with another consultant, which gave the whole thing kinda a ... talkshow kitchen segment kinda feel.  It was neat!!  : )  I didn't take any pictures of the preparation (seriously, what kind of food blogger AM I?  I need to get my head in the game, people!). 

I started out with a Bicardi Razz, which was really good, but I couldn't finish.  Don't ask why - no idea!  LOL



The first dish the ladies made was a chicken enchillada casserole. 




They made this dish in the microwave, which I thought was really shiny!  Started out w/ pablano (?!) peppers and chicken, added salsa, black beans, crushed tortilla chips and cheese, with cilantro on the side.  Heather & I both said we'd add olives, and we all thought sour cream would be a good addition as well.  Even without those things, tho, it was delicious!  I would love to have one of the dishes they baked everything in, but just can't afford $60+ for cookware!  : )

Dessert was an amaaaaaazing strawberry trifle, made with poundcake (or ladyfingers), strawberries, whipped cream... mmmmm!  Of course there were some PC flavorings in there, as well, but oh my heck I can't remember what now!  There was also a pretty good chocolate brownie-cake that was made with a white chocolate pudding frosting. 



I met some new ppl tonight, and also someone I worked with at WM several years ago, Linda.  (Hi, Linda!  Hope you got a chance to check out the blog & enjoyed the photos & whatnot!)  I had a blast, and ordered some new gadgets, which perhaps will be featured in a blog post later on.  : ) 

Until then, Happy Eats!

No comments: