Sunday 5 April 2009

Adventures in Thai

For lunch, Exotic Thai likes to start you off with soup & salad. (Oddly, for dinner you do not get either.) The salad is pretty much always the same - iceberg, carrot shavings, slice of tomato, slice or two of cucumber, sweet dressing. I'm not a fan of iceberg lettuce - I prefer dark greens like spinach - but I do usually eat a few bites with the tomato & cucumber. The dressing is very good. The soup varies by day. I believe the one pictured here is Tom Yum, which is slightly curried and generally includes chicken. I like to pair lunches here with water, because the calabration of their Coke products is not to my tatste! : )

On this day, I chose to order an appetizer, basil rolls with sweet dipping sauce. The basil rolls are your general spring roll, stuffed with cabbage and other goodies, including a touch of, well, basil.

And here we have the main dish, known as pumpkin curry. This is my all time favorite dish at this restaurant. Possibly of any restaurant, as it is the dish I crave most often, and could eat more than once a week. As you can see, we have bits of Thai pumpkin (not like our American pumpkin, more like a butternut squash) in a sweet yet savory curry sauce, with green & red peppers and sprigs of basil on a bed of white sticky rice. (The broccoli doesn't go with this dish. It actually belongs to the Black Pepper Beef, but my friend Shannan's not a fan of the broccoli, so I get it! *grin*) You can choose to have this meal with chicken, beef, tofu, pork, etc. I prefer it with chicken, tho beef is sometimes very flavorful with it as well.

And here we have the Garlic Black Pepper Beef. I haven't had this, but it's Shannan's favorite dish. The beef is on a bed of cabbage & carrots, and is served with fried rice. The peppers to the side of the plate are part of a vinagery dressing Shannan adds separately.


Delicious! Doesn't it make you want to visit your local Thai restaurant & see if they have these available? : )

Until next time, keep your eye out for more tastey treats. If you have something you just love to nosh on, please let me know - I may want to try it! : )









1 comment:

CarrieMarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.