Monday 6 April 2009

Olive Garden

I know the Olive Garden is basically "Italian fast food," but there's something to be said about it. They do know how to make some yummy pasta, and I really love their tiramisu, tho I didn't have any on Saturday.


I did have a little bit of their salad, which is kind of filling on its own. Now, again, we have the dreaded iceberg lettuce, which I don't really enjoy. However, the ceasar dressing is pretty tastey, and I like the flavor it gives to the tomatoes, olives, and croutons.

Normally, I prefer to have this, which is their new soup, chicken & gnocchi. Creamy, savory deliciousness! The one thing I don't like about this particular soup is their use of dark meat pieces. I don't know why, but dark meat in soup freaks me out. When it's on the bone, I love it, but once it's off the bone, it'd better be white meat. Still, I eat around it & highly enjoy this soup!

For my main dish, I chose Ravioli Portabello, with some cheese on top. About 8 large raviolis stuffed with mushrooms & cheese, in a yummy garlicky alfredo sauce. Even tho I love all these ingredients, this was not my favorite dish.


My current favorite dish is the Tuscan Garlic Shrimp. Can you see those shrimp? They are HUGE! Again we have a garlicky cream sauce and fettuccini noodles. (I don't order red sauces, 99% of the time, but I love Prego sauce for home use!) Also, this particular day, the sauce was perfect for dipping the garlicky breadsticks. Are you sensing I like garlic? You'd be correct! : )

Yummmm!

What's your favorite pasta dish? And where do you find it? Do share! (Though, I've been told there may be a problem with my Comments section, which I'm currently trying to fix. Send me an email if you can't comment! I really want some new ideas on things & places to eat!)

Until next time... Be brave! Try new things! : )

No comments: