Thursday 9 April 2009

Delicious rice

Hello, blog buddies! : ) Today's episode is dedicated to something I've been having a lot of lately - Chinese food! Seems like the Asian noodles & rice are calling to me daily lately!

First of all, we have a lil restaurant near work, called China Wok. They have very good egg drop soup. Lots of big pieces of fully cooked scrambled-like egg - some soups are a little yolky & not something I can eat! Their soup is always hot, brothy & very good.

They also have really good crab ragoon, stuffed with lots of filling. Sometimes I just eat the filling part & do away w/ the crispy bits, even though they are tastey, too. Beef fried rice is beef fried rice, right? Au contrare! (I'm sure I spelled that wonky, sorry!) This beef actually tastes like steak instead of hamburger, and again we have the big chunks of egg. I'm also a fan of the peas & carrots, and lack of chunks of onion. Not a fan of chunks of onion! Heh.
Next we have more fried rice with peas & carrots, from Panda Express, located at Northpark Mall. The rice wasn't AS good as China Wok, but the chicken & mushrooms (on the left of the plate) was very good. Juicy and not spicy, and both my nephew, Leyton, and I enjoyed the pieces of zucchini in the dish! On the right side of the plate, we have a very spicy but very good kum pow chicken. it was a little TOO spicy for me, but still good, if that makes sense! And happily for me - Panda Express is a Pepsi place! : )


For more tastey treats, tune in next time! : )


No comments: