Tuesday 1 June 2010

In The Moment

Do you ever make something in the moment that you really like, but then can't duplicate it?  I made a dish like that today.  Pasta shells w/ a garlic cream sauce, various herbs & seasonings, honey bbq sauce and chunks of bacon.  Quite tastey, but I know I won't be able to duplicate it! 

One thing I have been duplicating a lot lately, cheese tortillas w/ just a little butter.  Sometimes I add mushrooms & peppers & bacon bits, but the past week or so when I've craved them - just cheese & butter.  Getting the fire just right has been a challenge, but I think I have it down now.  : )  For awhile, every tortilla was getting burned, and way too crispy!  They still tasted good, even if they weren't as smooth as I'd wanted! 

Do you go through phases like that?  Phases of craving/buying/creating the same foods for a period of time.  Then do you get burned out? 

Hmmm.  Do share!  : ) 

No comments: