Tuesday 15 June 2010

Nooooodles!

Today I felt like having something DELICIOUS for dinner, so I texed my friend Becca & she was game for some Noodles & Company.  I met her & Nate after work.  Nate was in a bit of a mood at first, but he got over it quickly & was really awesome the rest of the dinner.  He's a funny little guy! 

Noodles & Company has ... well... noodles. Asian noodles - pad thai & the like.  Mediterranean noodles - lots of olive oil & fresh veggies.  American noodles - Wisconsin mac & cheese, butter noodles, etc.  Each category also has a soup & salad, and they have a variety of drink and dessert choices.  

Tonight, I chose Penne Rosa, a spicy tomato cream sauce tossed w/ penne pasta and sprinkled w/ feta or parmesean.  I chose Parm.  It was creamy & just a little kicky.  I enjoyed it very much!  My only complaint would be the fact that the bowl was not quite big enough for the amount of pasta & I nearly lost some during the toss!  I added some grilled chicken, as well, which was quite the flavor boost! 



Becca ordered the veggie-fied Pesto Cavatappi.  It wasn't quite as covered with pesto as it should've been, so she ordered some extra (which they charged her for, not sure I agree with that!).  She enjoyed it, and so did Nate, who kept asking for bites!  : )  



Nate's order was the Wisconsin mac & cheese, and it looked creamy and delightful!  He also had a chocolate chunk oatmeal rasin cookie, which occasionally made its way into the pasta dish!  LOL  



I had a HUGE rice crispie treat for dessert.  Seriously, it was like a hunk of pie!  Oh so good!  



This is one restaurant I definitely recommend for its yumminess!  It was the perfect DELICIOUS dinner!  Until next time - what's your favorite noodle dish? 

No comments: