Thursday 17 June 2010

Riefe's - Salmon

First of all, if I haven't mentioned it before, I am very picky about salmon.  The first time I ever had it was in Alaska, and that is the standard to which I hold all other fillets.  Thunder Bay, Aramark, and Red Lobster so far have had the salmon around here that I've enjoyed the most.  Riefe's does a lot of things well, but I'm not sure I can recommend this dish.  It wasn't bad, at all.  It was quite good, and I ate all of it right up!  And my enjoyment may have gone down a little because their tartar sauce was yucky.  And the baked potato was... again, just okay.  A little disappointing - I mean, Wendy's can do a decent baked potato, ya know?? 



However, as usual, their cream soup (cauliflower) was SUPERB!  Our basket of bread was delicious.  Mom's salad, Leyton's walleye, and Anthony's CrazyBurger were all quite good as well.  : )  Leyton enjoyed his jello, with whipped cream, and chocolate milk - no longer in a kiddie cup! 






So, as always a terrific experience, but for salmon I think I'll stick with the 3 places mentioned at the top.  : ) 

Until next time, where do you find great seafood? 

No comments: