Thursday 7 October 2010

At the OK Corral...It's Golden! (Or is that the other way around?)

I truly love buffets!  You can have something different every time - or 2nds of the same thing, it's up to  you!  Sometimes it's hard to eat "correctly" or "healthfully" at a buffet, but it can be done.  It's all about portion control and making the right choices - and for me, keeping in mind that I only get 3 carbs for dinner!

I had two plates, a bite of cupcake, a bite of brownie, and a chocolate chip cookie, but I'm fairly confident that I was w/in my 3 carbs because of the portion sizes.  Eating out is always going to be kinda a toss up, or at least for awhile until I can gauge carb content in random portions!


Plate #1: 3 cheese tortellini, sweet potatoes, carrots, devilled egg, cottage cheese, stir fry beef & mushroom, green beans, and meatloaf.


Plate #2: Cheddar biscuit, cantelope, noodles (I didn't actually eat more than a bite of those, ew), more sweet potatoes, cole slaw, more cottage cheese, a sweet potato & apple thing that I didn't eat all of, either.  Mom also gave me some of her steak, not pictured.


Anthony's dessert plate.  I hate a bite of the brownie.  He liked the tuxedo one.  


Leyton's cupcake was delicious!  I had 2 bites, no frosting (I'm not really a fan of frosting...).  And, also, isn't he cute biting into it?  : )  


This is not even appealing to me, but Anthony was proud of his concoction!  

Good times had by all!  : )  

Until next time - where's your favorite buffet?  




3 comments:

CarrieMarie said...

I realized looking at that... Plate #2 is kinda color coordinated! And also, I should have had more veg on my plates, but I had a big portion of broccoli & carrots at lunch & wasn't really feeling like more!

Jess said...

I love the Golden Corral! My boyfriend and I go sometimes on Sunday mornings around 10:45 so we catch the tail end of breakfast and the beginning of lunch!

CarrieMarie said...

Jess, that is BRILLIANT! I'm gonna hafta remember that one. I do love breakfast... : )