Saturday 16 October 2010

Cookout!

Today I did not follow my meal plan.  Not intentionally, but I didn't get up until late, and then I had some shopping to do, so I picked up a cheeseburger for breakfast, then had a delicious Healthy Choice for lunch, then ... COOKOUT at Aunt Nancy & Uncle Gene's.  : )  






The HC lunch was good, but the flavor was not quite what I was expecting.  Might have been the rosemary, might have been the pearl onions I picked out of the dish.  I bought 2 because I thought I would REALLY like it (having sweet potatoes in it & all), but I'm not sure I'll get it again after that.  


By not sticking to my meal plan I don't mean to imply that I over-indulged at the cookout.  I actually think I made pretty good choices there.  It was just that all my meals were sort of in a 6 hour timespan instead of spread more through the day like they normally are.


There was lots of delicious food, and I sampled a bit of most offerings.  I didn't have a bun with my hotdog, saving those carb choices for Aunt Sharon's rice dish, some chips w/ Mom's taco dip, small portions of the apple crisp & Jell-O/pretzel desserts, a little of Johnna's pasta salad, some scalloped corn(bread), and 2 small cookies (scraped off the frosting).  














Cousin Kitty made two chilis, one with beans and one without.  I forgot to try it, but I the talk around the bonfire was that both were delicious!  : )  


The most important part of any family gathering is, of course, family time.  I'm very grateful to have been placed in such a loving and AWESOME family!  A loving and awesome family who cooks.  heh!  


Until next time, what's your favorite cookout food?  Do you go straight to the grilled hotdogs, or are you more of a bonfired marshmallow?  BTW, say marshmallow outloud a few times.  It's fun!  : ) 

No comments: