Sunday 10 October 2010

Pumpkiny Goodness

I had one of these for breakfast this morning.  


The packaging isn't nearly so adorable anymore, but I couldn't find a Google image of the inside of a pumpkin pie.  Inside of a fruit pie?  Yes.  Inside of something called a Hawaiian pie?  Yes.  *grumble*  Anyway!  It's fall, even if the temperature outside (currently 80 degrees) feels like summer, and I am in the mood for some PUMPKIN!!!  


I want some Pumpkin Curry.  Why didn't I stop at the bank yesterday for cash?  Or have an ATM card for that bank?  lol  Ah well, I can be patient... (Stop laughing!)  : )  I have some pumpkin puree that I am trying to find a recipe for - well, there are lots of recipes, but they all involve other ingredients I do not have on hand.  And my desire to not go to the grocery store is winning over my desire to make that soup today.  Heh.  


Speaking of the grocery store - next time I'm there I need to look for these:



Who knew there were pumpkin pie PopTarts?!  They look uber-appealing now that I have a toaster!  And are the perfect amount of carbs for breakfast... Of course, not very much nutritional value, but that's what the Yoplait Light yogurt is for!  : )  


I also have some Pumpkin Bread from Tastefully Simple.  I'm holding off on making it until I have better carb self-control.  Right now I'm struggling w/ it - everything I like (including FRUIT) is a carb!  I know, I know, I was all excited about how I can eat as much spinach as I'd like... And that's great, except that I don't currently have any spinach.  I do have other veggies to munch on, but my tastebuds just keep screaming, "Potatoes!  Rice!  Noodles!" at me, over & over again.  Basically, I WANT CARBS!  


Or pumpkin curry.  With rice.  ; )  


Until next time - what're you craving that you're trying to be good about & reduce?  Do share!  

No comments: